Situated in the square next to the plane tree of Hippocrates, the mosque was built in 1786 according to the Arabic inscription on the fountain found right opposite. For its construction, building materials from the ruins of Christian churches were used and legend has it that on this site there was formerly a Byzantine church dedicated to St. George.
The mosque is a two-storey building, with imposing dimensions (23×17 m.) and a strict, cubic shape. On the ground floor, there was a bright arcade with two arched openings, supported by five marble monolithic columns which served as a passageway from the street to the open area of the Plane tree square. Loggia Mosque features a minaret and a marble fountain with running water on the north side. In 1996, the mosque’s roof was reconstructed and today, the mosque is in relatively good condition even though it suffered some damages from the 2017 earthquake.